Complete the form below and click "Submit" to register for this course.
**NOTE: This course has been approved for 21 Wisconsin and Indiana Insurance Agent continuing education credits. It is pending approval for other state insurance agent CEUs.
MASTERING WORKPLACE WELLNESS LAWS
NEW CONTINUING EDUCATION “SELF-STUDY” COURSE
- Comprehensive, peer-reviewed course that busy professionals and students can complete anytime and at their own pace
- Only Continuing Education (CE) course in the country that addresses workplace wellness laws
- Through our partnership with HPLive, individuals who successfully complete this course can earn 21 CEUs for ACSM, and 21 CECHs for CHES or MCHES designations!
- You will learn:
- What workplace wellness laws do I need to know?
- Why should I apply the workplace wellness laws?
- How do I apply the workplace wellness laws?
Who is this course designed for?
*Workplace wellness directors and
*Workplace wellness professionals
*Workplace wellness vendors
*Employee benefits professionals
*Human resources professionals
*Health plan underwriters
*Occupational health professionals
*Graduate students in wellness/health promotion (take this course as an
independent study course for academic credit with approval from advisor)
This course was developed by two of the nation’s leading authorities.
This course is designed for workplace wellness professionals who want a deeper understanding of the laws that impact workplace wellness program design and implementation. Whether you are a seasoned workplace wellness professional, a human resources professional, or a student aiming to become involved in workplace wellness in some capacity, knowing what wellness programs can and cannot do under the law is vital to a strong, compliant program. The course gives a basic overview of law and the United States' legal system, and dives into a wide array of legal topics that can influence the impact of a workplace wellness program.
By completing this course, workplace wellness professionals, consultants and students will be able to:
- OBTAIN a working knowledge of (a) the law and (b) risk management as they pertain to workplace wellness
- UNDERSTAND and APPRECIATE the many red flags that arise in workplace wellness programs, particularly those that tie incentives to achievement
- Learn how to intelligently DISCUSS workplace wellness legal issues with legal counsel
- EDUCATE and TRAIN your workplace wellness staff to help them provide compliant and effective programs
- REDUCE costly legal claims and lawsuits that can occur in high legal risk workplace wellness programs
- DEVELOP a “compliance culture” in your workplace
- DEVELOP, IMPLEMENT, and MODIFY as necessary workplace wellness program plans
- ENHANCE the quality of workplace wellness programs and services
- IMPROVE workplace wellness program effectiveness and efficiency
- INCREASE wellness program participation and DECREASE costs
This self-study course utilizes the following course materials:
(a) Textbook Rule the Rules of Workplace Wellness Programs go to the Resources page to learn more about this textbook and its content
(b) Study Guide -- designed to help professionals, consultants and students easily learn the content and concepts covered in the textbook. It will be e-mailed after payment is received and includes 5 files:
(2) Study questions for each of the chapters in the text
(3) Answers to all of the study questions for each chapter
(4) CEC/CEU exam – all Multiple Choice questions
(5) Course evaluation form
Exam: The exam is an open-book exam that is completed on your own time. NOTE: those applying for insurance agent continuing education credit must take the exam in the presence of a proctor. Special instructions about proctored examination will be provided with your study guide packet. Instructions for completing and submitting the exam are included in the Study Guide. Because the exam is an open-book exam completed on your own time, a pass rate of 80% is needed for successful completion in order to earn the CECs/CEUs. Individuals who do not pass on the first attempt will have a second attempt at no additional cost.
Upon Successful Completion of the CE Course
Individuals will receive a document from WCI verifyiing the CE credits or contract hours earned to provide to their certifying organization.
Fee for the course is $400.00 and includes the Rule the Rules of Workplace Wellness Programs text and all other course materials. The fee also includes shipping/handling costs to all 50 U.S. states and U.S. properties, e.g., Guam, Puerto Rico. Shipping to countries outside the U.S. 50 states and properties will cost extra. You may earn 21 CECs/CECs upon successful completion of the course and exam for Wisconsin Insurance Agent continuing education credits, American College of Sports Medicine (ASCM) certifications or 21 CECHs for NCHEC - CHES or MCHES designations. **NOTE: This course is pending approval for other state insurance agent CEU credits.
20% Discount for Students -- full-time and part-time students (Enter code "student" on the registration form to receive the discount). Students wanting to take this course for academic credit should first consult with their academic advisor to determine if this course qualifies for an independent study in their program of study.
Registering for this course is easy. Just read the Terms and Conditions and fill out the form below. Once we receive your registration and payment for the course, we will email you the materials. You can complete the course on your own schedule, but be mindful of any CE requirements you may need in any given year.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Refund/Return and Transfer Policy:
You may receive a refund for this course so long as you return the materials provided within 2 business days of receiving your purchase. After two business days from the date of receipt of materials, there are no refunds or returns for this course. However, you may transfer your registration to another individual. For this option, you must inform Dr. Barbara Zabawa (firstname.lastname@example.org) the name and e-mail address of the person to whom you are transferring the course. You are responsible for any and all transactions and costs involved in the transfer.
If at any time, the course professors cancel this course, a refund will be issued.
CE Course and Certification Registration Form
Please complete the following information and then click the "Submit" button below. WCI will email you an invoice for your registration fee.